- Baseball America has no one from the conference ranked in their Top 25.
- Collegiate Baseball has (#21) Illinois, (#28) Michigan and (#30) Ohio State in their Top 30.
- The NCBWA has Michigan (#25) in their Top 30. Illinois and Ohio State receive votes, though.
- Ping's got nobody in their poll.
- Rivals didn't rank a Big Ten side, either. (Didn't even consider one.)
- The USA Today/Coaches Poll Top 25 is also void of Big Ten programs. However, Michigan, Illinois and Ohio State did receive votes. Technically, UM would be at #29, Illinois at #31 and OSU at #42.
I guess I'm a bit surprised that Illinois jumped from completely out of the CB poll to a spot over previously ranked Michigan and OSU, but I can't disagree, either. Taking two of three at formerly #1 LSU gets you street cred.
Didn't Minnesota receive votes in last week's coaches' poll? What did the Gophers do wrong in going 3-0 over the weekend to get some of the coaches to jump off the Minnesota bandwagon? I realize Illinois is claiming votes this week, which they didn't seven days before, but is there some sort of limit on the number of northern programs garnering votes?