Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Answering The Call For Stats

In my last post about summer league stats, I asked that if anyone could provide more data to email me. Well, ask and ye shall receive. Checking the BTH email today, I find a note pointing me to Purdue University's summer league stat recap. Here are some of the highlights of the Boilers' wood bat experience.

Ricky Heines went north to Alaska and posted a 4-0 record for the Peninsula Oilers. In 30.1 innings of work, Heines fanned 21 and posted a sharp 2.08 ERA. Purdue firstbaseman Andy Preston was Heines' teammate in Alaska and was named to the league's All-Star Team. The Oilers captured the Alaska League title.

Andrew Groves, another Purdue hurler, played in the California Collegiate League and also had a fine season against the wood bats. Groves threw 27.2 innings going 3-1 with a 2.60 ERA.

Jordan Comadena stole 17 bases and scored a tremendous 41 runs while playing for Madison in the Northwoods League. Comadena was a NWL All-Star selection.

For a look at all the Boilermakers' summer fun, click on the link above. (Note: it's a .pdf file.) Thanks to the BTH reader for bringing this recap to my attention and for stopping here. If you have any summer league numbers from Big Ten players, I encourage you to do what this fan did and pass them along.

No comments: