Saturday, June 10, 2006

Lots Of Yard Work

I was watching the Super Regional between South Carolina and Georgia and saw the Gamecocks jack out five consecutive homers. Yes, five in a row. I have to echo Joanna's sentiments, I have never seen anything quite like it.

All this yard work was done in a hurry. Nine pitches, five homers. It was like BP. Or Home Run Derby. The poor Dawgs even changed pitchers and the new guy immediately saw his offerings land on the other side of the fence. These were not cheap taters, either. Several of these landed a county or two away. They were those majestic, no-doubt-about-it types. In all, the Gamecocks clubbed eight homers. It's was an incredible offensive display. Needless to say, SC won.

Georgia Tech and Clemson have advanced to the CWS. Other than Tech avoiding adding to their recent string of post-season disappointment, there is no shock that either program is Omaha-bound.

I'm watching game two of Alabama and North Carolina. I like this picture-in-picture I can do with MediaPlayer. I can blog and watch. Very cool. Hat tip to ESPN and the NCAA for providing the feed online. Smart move all the way around. Oh, 'Bama is up, 3-2.

Hey, can the Big Ten work out a deal to get games broadcast online? Somebody call the conference office and make a suggestion. Oops, I forgot. It's football season in the Big Ten, now. Can't be bothered with baseball. (Did I say that out loud? Was that sarcasm? Sorry about that.)

Back to the Supers, I'm hoping to see the Stanford vs. Oregon State game tonight. Truth be told, I like the Stanford program. Although, I wasn't all that impressed with this year's squad. They've surprised me by getting to the super regionals. I guess the traditional powers are traditional powers for a reason--even in down years they are pretty good.

I have to admit that with all this college baseball action on the tube (and online), I'm ready for the next Big Ten season to get underway today. Too bad I have to get through another winter and an overdose of football first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to post a comment a couple of minutes ago and it apparently didn't work. Hmmm...

Anyway, I tried to post that I still can't get over yesterday's South Carolina/Georgia game. And, now Georgia's forced a 3rd game. Miami's working on forcing a 3rd at Oxford and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Stanford force a 3rd in Corvalis. If they end up having to play 4 games tomorrow, I doubt very seriously that they'll show the Athens or Houston game late enough for me to catch either. Bah! C'mon, Ole Miss! (Not that I need an excuse to root against the Canes.)