Friday, June 23, 2006

DeLucia Is Player Of The Week

Ohio State's Dan DeLucia was named the Cape Cod League's Pitcher of the Week. DeLucia is doing for Coltiut in the Cape what he does for the Buckeyes--win ballgames. DeLucia is 2-0 and has already tossed a complete game shutout while pacing the premier wood bat summer league in innings pitched. (Correction 7/1/06: According to the Cape's stats page, as of June 30, DeLucia does not have a complete game or a shutout. I'm fairly clueless in general, but I must have obtained that data from somewhere. However, that's twice in a week that I've flubbed something, so it must be me. Regardless, my apologies to Dan, his family, the OSU fanbase, Cotuit, the Cape League, myself and anyone else potentially offended.)

Other Big Ten stars playing on the Cape include Buckeyes' Matt Angle, Cory Luebke (1-0) and Eric Fryer. Michigan's Doug Pickens, Iowa's Travis Sweet and Minnesota's Cole DeVries (1-0). (I apologize if I missed anyone. Feel free to leave a post or email me if you know of any other Big Ten players in the Cape Cod League.)

No comments: