Monday, February 12, 2007

Tech Too Much For NU

I apparently cannot read quite as well as I thought I could. Northwestern did have another game this past weekend. So much for the cold forecast and my reading skills. Unfortunately, NU lost to Texas Tech, 4-3. Red Raiders SS Kyle Martin drove in a pair of runs and C Matt Smith homered to lead the TT attack. Colt Hynes earned his first victory of '07 for Tech.

For the boys from Evanston, Matt Diedrich took the hill. A Wildcat frosh, Dierich went five and two-thirds allowing all four Texas Tech tallies. Another NU freshman, 1B Jake Goebbert, continued the hot start to his collegiate career. Goebbert had two more hits in the loss. Goebbert went 7 for 14 over the weekend. LF Caleb Fields, 2B Jake Owens and SS Tommy Finn also collected two hits a piece.

Northwestern is now 1-2 while Tech is 2-3. (Although, the NU boxscore indicates the 'Cats are 1-3. Win vs. Tech Friday. Loss to WIU Saturday. Loss to Tech yesterday. With my reading ability in question, perhaps I'm missing something here, as well.)

No comments: