Thursday, February 01, 2007

BTH Previews

Since the blog began, I've been wanting to do team previews before the start of each season. Well, this is the year. I'm going to begin my pre-season previews this evening. In these capsules of each program, I'll be providing a basic primer. I'm going to look at offense, pitching, schedules and conclude with my "bottom line". These previews are by no means definitive and are certainly not comprehensive, so if you care to share any information about your school, I encourage you to email me or add something in the comments section.

My goal, other than trying to learn something about each team myself, is to provide the non-baseball fans an introduction to the names and faces around the conference and to shine some light on those players overlooked by the national media. (Let's not get me started down that road, yet. We've got all season to pursue that subject.)

In addition to looking at each of the ten teams, I'll probably toss in various lists and any other subjects I feel merit both our attention. I don't really have a schedule for posting them, but you can count on two things. First, I will be previewing the teams in reverse alphabetical order. (That means I begin with Purdue.) Second, I have every intention of having the whole series of previews on the blog by February 23. I think nearly every Big Ten baseball club will be in action by that day.

Thanks, as always, for tagging along. I appreciate the time you invest in this blog and hope you enjoy the Big Ten Hardball Previews.

No comments: