Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The NCBWA And Me

You might be wondering what's with the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association logo in the sidebar? Well, last year I submitted my application to join the NCBWA. While I've yet to receive instructions on the club's secret handshake, my decoder ring or even my membership card, I have been assured that I am in. (The guy who cashes the checks say so and that's good enough for me.)

Now, what does this mean? Well, it means I get to vote on stuff. Not in the weekly poll, but other things of varying degrees of importance -- the Dick Howser Trophy (Player of the Year), Regional Players of the Year and All-America Teams. So, if you need to find a voter to unload swag on, submit tons of PR to or need to buy a vote, look no further. I'm your man. (Of course, I'm kidding. I was a fan of Dick Howser's and I consider the chance to vote on an award bearing his name to be an honor. I intend to take all my voting responsibilities seriously.)

I'm sure this new found association with the NCBWA will lead to fame, fortune and, perhaps, if I play my cards just right, the media buffet at the Big Ten Tournament. That or I'll just get to vote. Either way, it looked like an interesting opportunity, one that might even help the blog grow, so I signed on the dotted line.

1 comment:

Brian P. Foley said...

I have also joined