Friday, March 17, 2006

The Weekend Ahead

I know the majority of you are far too pre-occupied with March Madness to spend much time here this weekend, but hits have been fairly steady at Big Ten Hardball and I'd like to take this moment to thank those of you who stop in. I've noticed that many visitors are from Big Ten country and I hope that's indicative of the interest in college baseball in this portion of the land. Again, thanks for clicking over.

I've altered the weekend links format just a bit. I've provided the listing by school and not by day. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'm also including links to some national perspectives. (Although, I suspect my heavy emphasis on linking led to a recent investigation of BTH as a potential spammer. Obviously, I was cleared of all charges.)

Here's what lies ahead for the Big Ten this weekend.

Illinois
Friday vs. Northern Iowa
Saturday vs. Illinois-Chicago
Sunday vs. Massachusetts

Indiana
Friday: Hoosiers 10 Vermont 6 (box)
Saturday vs. Illinois-Chicago

Iowa
Friday vs. Notre Dame (yes, again.)

Michigan
Friday: Wolverines 3 George Washington 0 (box)
Saturday vs. Winthrop
Sunday vs. Wagner

Michigan State
Friday, Saturday & Sunday @ Ohio

Minnesota
Friday, Saturday & Sunday @ Louisiana-Lafayette

Northwestern
Saturday & Sunday @ Santa Clara

Ohio State
Sunday vs. Massachusetts

Purdue
Friday: Boilermakers 7 St. Louis 1 (box)
Saturday & Sunday @ St. Louis

Penn State (.pdf file)
Saturday & Sunday @ Furman

On to the rest of the nation, where Baseball America's Will Kimmey gives his take on the weekend. In Breadcrumbs Back To Omaha, Boyd Nation provides his usual array of stats and his guess at the tournament field. Amongst other things, CSTV.com's Eric Sorenson wonders aloud in his Thursday's Thoughts about the make-up of the tournament field, as well.

Enjoy all the hoops and baseball action.

No comments: