Thursday, March 23, 2006

Back To Blogging

I'll never catch up on my week long absence, so instead of explaining or whining over my departure, I think I'll just pick up my baseball blogging where I left off. Here are some Big Ten baseball links I've stumbled upon.

The Daily Collegian's Chris Weeden looks at Penn State's red hot hitting Scott Gummo. Ryan Long of The Daily Iowan notes the Hawkeyes are still looking to go yard.

Of course, as spring reaches this portion of the world after the teams arrive, the cancellations and postponed games appear with greater frequency. IU vs. Valpo, Iowa vs. IPFW, Purdue vs. Indiana State and Penn State's home opener vs. Bucknell all got affected by the elements. No, I won't begin ranting about the inequity of it all. Not today, anyway.

Somewhat to my surprise, I see Purdue garnered some Top 25 votes in the coaches poll. Sure, it's only seven votes, but if the Boilermakers can keep up their early season pace, I would suspect a Top 25 spot isn't out of the question.

I'll apologize in advance to both of us as I may not have time for the usual weekend preview link post. I've got a retirement party tomorrow night and various other adult responsibilities to attend to this weekend. I hope to sneak over to Ann Arbor to watch Oakland (the school that let me in) and Michigan do battle Saturday afternoon. If I make it out to Ray Fisher Stadium, hopefully, I'll have some photos to share. As always, thanks for stopping in.

No comments: