Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I'm A Bit Confused

The nice folks at the NCBWA have released their poll for the week. Tulane has assumed the number one ranking on the heels of Baylor's sweep of previous #1, Texas. The second place club is Cal State Fullerton. Didn't the defending champs take two of three from the Green Wave, at Tulane, about a week ago? How can you rank the Wave ahead of the Titans? There must be something I am missing.

Then there is the Big 10 snub. Michigan fell a spot to twenty-third in the land. They didn't lose, but dropped a spot. Again, on it's own, I might dismiss it, but combined with the rankings at the top, I am curious as to what the voters were thinking.

Thankfully, in the end, we don't have to worry much about the polls. They just make for interesting discussion for fans and the media during the season (hey, I got an extra post out of it), but the championship is decided on the field.

No comments: