Saturday, January 14, 2006

Collegiate Baseball Conference Predictions

My Collegiate Baseball pre-season preview has arrived. It's up to its usual standard-tons of information. I'm still waiting for Baseball America to update its online site with all their college material. As I subscribe to their online content, I was hoping to avoid having to pick-up a hard copy of their preview edition. Yet, I see a picture of their '06 preview on their site which leads me to believe it's available now.

Does this mean the preview was already published and I probably cannot get it at the local bookstore because it's previous edition? (I've had no luck so far.) Is their website not going to have their complete college preview? Are they that slow in uploading the data to their site? What gives?

Anyway, back to Collegiate Baseball. Amongst all the national previews, CB has predicted Ohio State will capture the Big Ten Conference title. The Buckeyes are followed by Purdue, Minnesota, Michigan and Iowa. If you want to know the bottom half of their Big Ten predictions, email me. For now, I'll attempt to get a few more of you to give the nice folks at Collegiate Baseball the three dollars necessary to get your own copy.

CB goes on to name project Iowa lefty Tim Gedux as the conference's Pitcher of the Year. Gedux was second in the conference with a 2.55 ERA. He also notched nine wins and six saves in the 2005 season.

Mitch Hilligoss, Purdue's shortstop and pre-season All-America candidate, was named the Player of the Year. As I've stated here before, Hilligoss is the conference's defending batting champion with a .404 mark. Hilligoss also slugged at a .535 clip and stole 25 bases.

No comments: