Tuesday, April 19, 2005

TV Time

While watching this evening's contest between Tulane and LSU, I learned that the first night game in the history of Michigan's Ray Fisher Stadium is going to be televised by ESPN. Friday night's game between the Wolverines and arch-rival Ohio State is being covered by ESPNU and broadcast on ESPN. The national television coverage has pushed the start time back to 7:00pm. Here is the Michigan press release.

ESPN is already running promos for the game on their "Bottom Line" feature at ESPN2. I know the university was hoping for a record crowd and they are pre-selling tickets at their website. I encourage all Michigan, Ohio State and baseball fans to attend. (I, unfortunately, had to cancel my plans on attending due to a surprise party.)

It's great to see college baseball make a return to ESPN and cable television in general. It's even better to see the Big Ten get some airtime. Hopefully, the schools will put on a good show.

No comments: